Why is Kids & Dad necessary?
- Kids & Dad holds that every child needs to have both parents support and involvement from infancy through adulthood, whatever their family circumstances.
- Kids & Dad holds that both parents love their children and are equally committed to ensuring that their children know that they are loved and supported throughout their lives.
- Kids & Dad recognizes that the barriers and obstacles faced by parents during a separation too often leads to legal conflict that limits the parenting opportunities for one parent and results in terrible loss for that parent and child.
- Kids & Dad recognizes that close to 50% of children of separation and divorce will suffer the loss of a close father/child relationship within 2-3 years of a family break-up.
- Kids & Dad believes that our responsibility is to work with fathers and families to ensure that a dad's desire to be a continuing parenting partner post-separation is realized for the short and long term benefit of the whole family.
Waterloo Region has a unique opportunity to develop a community approach that is based on the principle that our social services are directed to helping separated families create workable, shared parenting solutions for their children.
||Download "Missing dads are major problem for Canadian families"