Single Adult Household
What does Statistics Canada call a separated father of three children? A Single Adult Household!
- This father could have been a loving partner, an excellent provider, and an amazing father, but his partner wished to separate.
- He hopes to have a strong parenting partnership with his children's mother. He knows that the most important part of his life is his three children. He still believes that life is fair, but ... !
- Then, he receives that devastating note in that Communications Book, “I need to talk to you about something important…”
- "I am moving with the children across the country because I have a great job opportunity." Our Dad is stunned!
- Our dad goes to his unaffordable Lawyer and finds that Canadian Family Law approves -- that the Primary Care parent's interests are in the children's best interests. She is a good mother.
- Our dad has just become a visitor in his children's lives. He has become a Single Adult Household!
Why Does It Matter?
- Research provides evidence that children are more likely to thrive when there is an involved dad in the child's daily life; improved academic and extracurricular performance; better peer relationships; moral maturity; higher tolerance and understanding; overall happiness.
- At a time when our children need their dad most, our society says: You are a Single Person Household!
Why Should I Care?
- It could be You and Your Children.