PARENTING THROUGH A DIVORCE
Parenting Through a Divorce
Whether they ask or not, kids need to hear over and over again:
- They still have a family.
- They will have two homes, one with Mom and one with Dad.
- Both parents will always love them and take care of them.
- The kids did not cause the divorce. This is an adult problem.
- They will not be left in the dark about any decision that will affect them. Their feelings will be acknowledged and considered. However, the adults will make the decisions, based on the children's best interests.
- They will never be asked to choose one parent over the other, to act as a messenger or as a spy.
- They will not be treated as another piece of property to be fought for, bargained over, or seized.
- They will have the financial support of both parents.
||Download "Parenting Tips" - Back to School